What’s the best way to get ready for a new season? Give your hairstyle a little update with a long bob (aka lob)! When summer hits, most women like to keep their length to show off in a high pony or wear loose with shorts and a bikini top. Long bob hairstyles, are having a moment, and it would be wise to take part!
The great thing about lobs is while it isn’t long hair, it’s not short hair either, making them universal and classic in the hair world. They also flatter different face shapes and work with any hair texture. The medium length of lobs frames the face and complements practically any bone structure.
While you may assume there isn’t much to do with a long bob cut, taking a look at celebs like Maren Morris, Jenna Dewan Tatum, and Kendall Jenner will prove otherwise.
1. Choppy Lob. The barely there waves on a choppy lob look super cool.
2. Windblown Blonde. Have you just stepped off a movie set? This windblown blonde will have you looking like a superstar.
3. Balayage Lob. Add a midshaft wave and blonde balayage highlights to your hair for warmth.
4. Textured Lob. The smokey balayage color gives the textured lob that extra beauty.
5. Golden Lob. The long choppy bob is perfect for looking professional during the day and fun for a night out.
6. Long Bob for Thin Hair. This lob haircut on thin hair will help you convince everyone you’ve got lots of body.
7. Length for Days. The sleek a-line lob brings drama with blunt ends and a middle part.
8. Extra Long Angled Bob. Give a little dimension to your hair with an angled lob and balayage highlights, keeping those longest and lightest pieces in the front to frame the face.
9. Lob with a Deep Side Part. A side-parted long bob sets you apart from every other lob out there.
10. Thick Feathered Lob. Bring out the beach babe in you with a blonde textured lob.
11. Red Bob. Looking for a way to show off your red hair? Rock this layered lob with flipped out ends.
12. Silver Fox. The asymmetrical lob looks even more dramatic with a touch of silver color.
13. Blonde Long Bob. Blondes will have even more fun with this straight, sexy long bob.
14. Purple Power. Another side-parted long bob that rocks purple for edge.
15. Wavy Lob. A choppy, wavy lob is the way to go for easy style.
16. Maximum Dimension. A side-part with kinked-out curls is all you need to look your best with a long brunette bob.
17. Loose Curly Lob. You can enjoy your length with this lob made for loose waves.
18. Long Bob with Highlights. Major lightening on already blonde hair is just in time for a warmer season.
19. Waves and Choppy Ends. This wavy lob with choppy ends gives the illusion of fuller hair.
20. High-Low Lob. A long in the front, short in the back bob adds a bit more personality to your style.
21. Soft and Feminine Straight Hair. The long layered bob keeps things sweet with its soft ends.
22. Side-Swept Lob. Be the hair envy of your friends with a heavy side part on a textured lob.
23. Sleek and Smooth Cut. The straight long bob with curled under ends shows off the graceful shoulders.
24. Side-Swept Razored Lob. Embrace a long bob with side bangs and pin them or play peek-a-boo.
25. Messy Lob. The long shaggy bob handles length and body perfectly.
26. Brunette Bliss. The long graduated bob looks even more gorgeous with caramel highlights.
27. Smooth Sailing. Smooth a-line lobs can work in any setting.
28. Soft Ombre. The long ombre bob is playful and flirty, yet it can be formal enough for work.
29. Texture to the Max. The mix of flat and kinked locks is unique and eye-catching.
30. A-line Bob. Play up your color and body with a steeply angled asymmetrical long bob.
31. Silver-Gray Shoulder Length Hair. Want to try something different? Go for a sleek silver side-parted long bob.
32. Summery Style. With a blonde wavy lob, you’ll prove blondes really do have more fun.
33. Sleek Wavy Neck-Length Cut. Add some edge to your blonde bob with loose waves and chopped ends.
34. Blunt Long Bob Haircut. Rock a straight long bob for dark hair with blunt edges and a side part.
35. Long Bob with Bangs. A lob with bangs is far from boring, especially when its body is wavy.
36. Commercial-Worthy Cut. Look like you’ve just stepped out of a hair commercial with shiny waves for a long bob.
37. Lob with Long Bangs. Are your bangs on the longer side? They’ll look perfect with a loose choppy lob hairstyle and even cuter when you pull hair into a pony.
38. Bob with Long Front Pieces. The long a-line bob with a bit of platinum blonde is super pretty and Insta-worthy. Blow-dry or flat-iron straight for dramatic flair.
39. Wavy Angled Piece-y Lob. Not a fan of straight hair? Keep your waves and show ‘em off with an a-line bob.
40. Luxe Lob. Another wavy long bob takes luscious to a whole new level with golden bronde messy locks.
41. Trendy Gray Lob. Soft, tousled waves on a textured lob equals super chic. Your hair may be thin, but it definitely won’t look like it with this sexy style.
42. Golden Shoulder Length Bob. The caramel blonde long bob with highlights is just in time for summer! Done with the curls and waves? Flat-iron for chicness.
43. Ash Blonde Balayage Lob. Partial chunky highlights pair so well with a choppy lob and a middle part.
44. Beach-Ready Stylin’. Big, thick curls on a long shaggy bob will have you catching your reflection every chance you can.
45. Honey Hued Bob. Warm-toned highlights are the perfect finishing touch for the long shaggy bob. Teasing hair at the crown will add sexy height and fullness.
46. Past Shoulders Bob with Highlights. What goes well with a long lob? Smooth, well-blended highlights!
47. Wavy Brunette Lob. Keep your dark hair but add highlights for a different take on a layered lob.
48. Choppy Highlighted Lob. Tame thick hair with a layered choppy lob haircut. When summer heats up, pull it back and let stray pieces fall where they may for an easy and cute look.
49. Beach Babe Style. Bring the beach with you everywhere you go with the ocean-inspired blonde wavy lob.
50. Lob with Razored Ends. Smooth body with texture in the ends is anything but boring. Add a little mousse or styling creme and make some easy curls.
Whether the look you’re going for is flirty and playful for a night out on the town or professional and mature to wear at work, there is certainly no shortage of trendy long bob styles to choose from.